Monday, January 15, 2007

White Hair for Hair Loss Days

You feel that you are still young and energetic but you wonder why you are one of those who has white hairs on their head. Stress at workplace, schools and even home is inevitable and it cannot be avoided. If you are working, people might guess your age to be more than your growing stage; If you are schooling, your classmates may constantly remind you of your white hair and attempt to help you remove them. In fact, everybody seems to be reminding you about your white hair problem, even your very own mirror.

White hair versus hair loss
But is it really a bad thing to keep your white hair? I may sound crazy here but seriously, keeping your white hair can be useful afterall. You see, I didn't used to have hair loss problem until I turn twenties. In my teen days, I didn't think I would have hair loss problems so I furiously pluck and cut my white hair out. In fact, I didn't even consider the hair loss possibility as I look at my parents. As I enter into workforce, I realise I was losing more hair than I could afford and I was slowly showing some signs of balding on my crown.

The solution
I had to solve the two problems: white hair vs massive hair loss. So, I figured out the best way to preserve my crown without plastic surgery or treatment is to grow back my remaining white hair and then dye my hair with complementing highlights. As an asian with a black crown, my hairdresser chose the colours that is not too dark nor too light while the highlight colour to complement the main dye and my white hair. Though it took about half a year to grow enough of white hair, I am glad it is worth the wait. I also choose shampoo that helps to make the hair dyes last longer.

Adjusting my diet and lifestyle
As I understand the side effects of dyeing hair (such as more hair loss), I took a step further. Thus, besides the physical changes I've done to my crown, I have also kept a log of what I have been eating. I realised that there were too much salt and sugar in my diet. Thus, I reviewed my options and took another step further to cut down on the soya sauce (Light, dark and sweet) and preserved fruits in exchange for rice vinegar and fresh fruits. I also attempted to exercise though I believe there is still room for improvement. In addition, I also bought in the idea of cold shower as it not only can stimulate blood circulation, but it also improve the hair quality.

So far, I'm seeing some results and I am glad I make the adjustments. Hope you benefit from this personal tip from me and save your white hair early.


My other related articles

1) Diet for hair loss

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.