Thursday, February 1, 2007

Treatment for oily hair

I have been looking for a natural formula. It is a natural remedy for oily hair. One of the many agrravating factors that leads to hair loss is due to oily hair. Typically, it indicates the person's lacking in vitamin B in their diet. While waiting for the effect that works from inside out with a good protein diet, there are some therapies you can begin working on your hair.

Lemon Juice
You can start by finding lemon in your kitchen. Squeeze the lemon juice over a filter. You don't really want the lemon fibre to be stuck on your hair and cause some awkwardness when your friends see them on your crown. I think I like to coffee filter paper but it's up to individual's preference.

You can use the juice of 2 lemons and dilute with water (2:1; lemon:water). You can put it in the mini spray bottles and spray it on your hair, particularly, your scalp. Because that is where the oil secretes from, not the hair. Alternatively, you can dip the comb in the diluted juice and comb through your hair.

Vinegar
It is amazing that natural vinegar contains so much health benefits when consumed and it can also help in rescuing oily hair. However, due to the unpleasant vinegar smell, not many would apply vinegar on their hair. Use 2 tablespoons of vinegar, dilute with 1 cup of water. For storage, I would prefer to store it in a glass bottle instead of plastic ones unless you are really sure it can withstand the acidity. You can rinse it off after application.

By the way, do you know that vinegar can help your hair dye stay longer? I recalled when I was young, my cousins and I were preparing the red eggs for my grandmother's birthday. But later realised that we forgot to add vinegar into the red dye concoction, thus the colour doesn't 'stick' to the chicken eggs. How I miss my grandmother! She must be enjoying herself in heaven right now.

Corn Flour and Talcum Powder
At first, this sounds a little extreme for me because I have grey hair and so putting white stuff on my hair makes me more conscious of my hair condition. Still, there are people who use this method. What they do is to brush the powder on the scalp and roots. Then, you let the powder absorb your oil for a while (5 to 10 minutes) before you wash it off. An easier way to apply is perhaps to dissolve the powder with water and rub onto your scalp for a few minutes before washing it off.

Wash your hair with cold water
Warm water would open the pores of your skin, including your scalp. Cold water can help reduce the pores and the secretion of excessive oil, keeping your hair look less dull and healthier. This has been quite to me so far since my cold shower therapy started. So, why not test it out? If you are afraid of the cold water, start the shower with warm first, then turn the heat down. Your body adaptation to temperature can be so amazing.


Related articles:

1) Homemade Remedies to treat Greasy Hair

2) Homemade Spa and Beauty Treatment

No comments: